The H-1B visa is employment-based visa that helps US companies to hire foreign workers with high-skilled jobs
Proposed changes to the rules for H-1B visas workers in the US, which will very great impact Indian outsourcing firms like Wipro, Infosys, and TCS, are being considered by American lawmakers. US President Donald Trump is also considering an executive order to make tougher for foreign workers to get H-1B visas.
10 Important Point Should be Known that:-
- The H-1B visa is employment-based and helps US companies to hire foreign workers for high-skilled jobs.
- An employer must offer the job and apply to the ESTA Immigration USA department for the H-1B visa on behalf of the candidate.
- The programme was launched in 1990 by President George Bush.
- It was intended to help American firms deal with worker shortages in rapidly growing jobs such as in software programming, research and engineering.
- The company wants to hire the candidate foots the bill.
- An H-1B visa holder can stay in the USA for three to six years, seek permanent residency in the US and also can buy or sell property.
- The H-1B visa is currently 65,000, and an additional 20,000 visas are granted to employees with their master’s degrees from American universities.
- The government conducts a “lottery” to decide who gets to stay if the number of applications is more than the set limit.
- Every year, 6,800 visas are reserved for workers from Chile and Singapore in keeping with their free trade agreements with the US.
- Last year, the US received over 200,000 petitions for H-1B visas.