If your photo is acceptable for a U.S. visa, then you ensure to quick processing of your visa application. U.S. visa take a time to check out the photo is fulfill the criteria for an ACCEPTABLE vs UNACCEPTABLE photo.
- Photo should be clear and clearly identify the subject.
- The subject should be facing the camera, and give neutral expression and both eyes open
- Subject not facing forward and not looking at camera, not clear face such as darkness on face and background, expression not neutral.
Size & Position
- Photo should be 2”x2” (51 x 51 mm) along with the head centered and sized between 1” and 1.4” (25 and 35 mm).
- Camera distance four feet (1.2 m) from subject, head size from chin to top of head should be between 1” and 1.4” (25 and 35 mm)
- Camera too close to subject that’s why fish-eye distortion, head size too large and also head is not centered properly.
Pose and Expression
- Subject is directly facing camera with a neutral expression
- Subject is looking down, not clear face.
- Subject’s pupils and irises are clearly visible and no glare on glasses
- Not clear glasses or any shadows on the face along with tinted lens also are not acceptable.
- Subject’s Background is uniform, white or off-white and also free of shadows.
- Background is not plain and shadows.